Minutes from the PTA Meeting on Tuesday, December 14th, 2021 at 6pm in the library.
Meeting called to order at 6:00pm
- Nicole Kauker, Mackenzie Weaver, Katelyn Moll, Jennifer Schwegler, Amy Koch, Lizz Galley, Michelle Zellner, Dave Crissman, Mary Templin, Shawn Fies, Jodi Gauker
- Zoom: Lauren Farina
- November 2021 – See attached report
Motion to approve: Jodi Gauker
Seconded by: Shawn Fies
Pledge of Allegiance
School is short two custodians. Only have day and mid shift regularly
Current Members – no new members this month
Approval of Last month’s minutes:
Motion to approve: Jennifer Schwegler
Second By: Jodi Gauker
Teacher Grants and Grade Level Grants:
- 2nd Grade – Brain Pop Jr. Subscription – They purchased a subscription to Brain Pop Jr. that has educational videos that they use in the classroom. – $175.00
Motion to Approve: Jennifer Schwegler
Second by: Jodi Gauker
- Santa’s Workshop – Was a success! Don’t know amount yet due to hiccup with credit card system, but it is being worked on and will be resolved.
- Removing Popcornopolis since it is available much cheaper in retail stores.
- Moving Pura Vida Bracelets to early January as a fundraiser for 4th Grade Celebration, Jan 3-14 – Will send request to Dr. Miller to see if it can be district-wide. This will be pre-sale only as we have to place a minimum order.
- Pickles – January 17-28 with pick up on Feb 23 (same night as Moe’s Dine and Donate pickup)
- Movie Night – moving to May to do it outdoors
- Dip Fundraiser
- Bingo – March 20 – Still looking for donations
Ongoing: Boxtops, Boyer tags (have arrived and are available), Amazon Smile
Dine and Donate
- Happening NOW Dec 13-17 – Chick-fil-A (5th Street – Temple)
- Jan 19 (snow date Jan 26) Mad J’s BBQ
- February- Moe’s – pickup on Feb 23
- Fourth Graders will receive a FREE yearbook from PTA
- Went well. Huge turnout. Need to streamline process to improve flow. Still considering prepurchasing items for next year and running it ourselves. Possibly going to rearrange layout of things to free up Cafeteria for only food, move vendors to Gym (allowing for possibly more vendors), and having separate entrance and exit doors for the kids’ shopping area
- Skate Night at Fantasy Skate to be scheduled for a Thursday in January.
Motion to adjourn: Jennifer Schwegler
Seconded by: Nikki Kauker
Next meeting January 11 @6pm in the library