Minutes from the PTA Meeting on Tuesday, November 9th, 2021 at 6pm in the library.
Mrs. Zellner was unavailable to attend the meeting.
We are up to 70 members
Approval of Last month’s minutes:
Motion to approve: Jennifer Schwegler
Second By: Jodi Gauker
- Added $550 for the Save Around Books, however, we are still waiting for the invoice.
- Walkathon: We made $10,206.30!! Amazing job Willow Creek!!!
- We made $480.00 from Fiore’s Dine and Donate
- We paid $1,117.45 for grade level grants. This grant went towards a responsive classroom program for each class. This was previously approved.
- $742.98 went out in teacher grants (these were approved in prior PTA meetings)
- We were $.05 short for the book fair. We paid that difference.
- We made $421.95 from the lollipop pull for birthday books
- We paid $1,034.00 for licensing and permits. This allows the PTA to have movie nights and it also covers teachers so they are able to show movies in their classrooms. This is a two year permit so we will not need to pay this next year.
- We had $15 in donations
Motion to Approve: Jennifer Schwegler
Second by: Whitney Kopco
- Ms. Wood, Dean of Students, requested $100 for sensory items to support students in various classrooms (chair bands and wobble cushion), additional behavioral support supplies to use as needed for behavior plans, and for a webinar to learn how to use the behavior support plan information with students.
- Mrs. Gaugler, K-4 Special Education Teacher, requested $100 for a downloadable Social Story bundle. The bundle includes 15 pre-written social stories she can use in her classroom. She also bought a holiday bundle which includes 18 holiday units for use in her classroom.
- Mrs. Benner, 2nd Grade Teacher, requested $100 for supplies to help enhance the curriculum.
- Mrs. Nace, Intervention Specialist, requested $100 for decodable texts to use in her classroom from Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Mrs. Wright, 3rd Grade Teacher, requested $100 for supplies for a curriculum based project, folders, activities bought on Teachers Pay Teachers, and birthday gifts.
- Mrs. Langston, 4th Grade Teacher, requested $100 for separation storage containers for groups in her classroom.
Motion to Approve: Lizz Galley
Second by: Mackenzie Weaver
Grade Level Grant:
None for this month
Upcoming events :
- Near and Dear Dance – November 12th, 2021 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm We have currently sold 150 tickets. Wednesday the 10th was the last day to purchase advance tickets for $5 each. Tickets will be available at the door for $8. This event is for Willow Creek Students accompanied by one adult. We still need volunteers to help with refreshments and cleaning up.
- American Education Week – November 15th to November 19th. There will be a different theme/focus each day of the week.
- Monday is Kickoff
- Tuesday is Family Day
- Wednesday is Education Support Professionals Day
- Thursday is Education and Fun go together
- Friday is Spirit day
- Author Visit – November 22nd
- Kevin McCloskey will visit our school on November 22nd. Order forms to pre-order books were sent home. We sold 128 books. There will be several presentations.
- Santa’s Workshop – December 3rd, 5:00pm – 8:00pm. There will be vendors and an opportunity for kids to shop for their family. We need lots of volunteers to help the students shop for their family members.
- Spirit Wear: Spirit wear orders are in and will be sent home with the students soon!
- Chocolate Fundraiser: We made $1,598.50
- Pick Up will be on November 18th from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. In front of the school. If you are unable to make this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements for pickup. Since some of these items contain nuts, they will not be sent home with students.
- Pickle Fundraiser – Information will be coming out soon.
- Boxtops: It is all done virtually now through the app. You need to scan your receipt. It will pull out the items that are eligible.
- Boyer Tags, tags are coming, as soon as we get them, they will be handed out. We get 1 or 2 percent back.
- Amazon Smile
Dine and Donate:
- November 17th – Cristina’s Family Restaurant in Blandon – 5:00 pm – 8:00pm – Dine in and Take Out – No other discounts can be used.
- December 13th – December 17th – Chick-fil-a on 5th Street in Temple – You must present a flier before paying. Please do not order on the mobile app, as they can not guarantee we will get credit
- January 19th – Mad J’s BBQ in Blandon (Snow date of January 26th) These dates are tentative.
- Our fourth grade students voted on the theme for this year. The winning theme by one vote is the Bookworm Theme! The PTA will buy each fourth grade student a yearbook. If you would like to have two customized pages in your child’s yearbook, you will need to register for the yearbook, but FOURTH GRADE PARENTS: DO NOT PAY unless you are upgrading to a hardback book. Any question, please contact Amy Lawlor at email@example.com
- Trunk or Treat – There were approximately 450 kids that attended the Trunk or Treat!! We are humbled by the amount of support that our Willow Creek Family has shown us!! Thank you to all the families and businesses who contributed as trunks or donated candy. We are working on ideas for next year and have several ideas for working out some of the bumps that we had this year.
- Next Meeting is December 14th at 6pm in the library
Motion to Adjourn: Jodi Gauker
Second by: Amy Koch
If you are volunteering at an event during the school day, you MUST have your clearances* on file.
*Clearances– Criminal Background check and Child Abuse are free but need to be done. Fingerprints don’t need to be done if you are a resident of PA for more than 10 year.
On the Fleetwood Website under forms and links you can find the information. It all needs to be sent to the office and kept on file before you can come into the school or volunteer in the classroom. The district keeps them on file for 5 years. The links can be found on the district website.
Attendance: Mary Templin, Nicole Kauker, Amy Lawlor, Amy Koch, Jennifer Schwegler, Lizz Galley, Mackenzie Weaver, Cindy Weidenhammer, Whitney Kopco, Jodi Gauker, Dina Heffner, Katie Pisauro
On Zoom: Rebecca Bieber, Lauren Farina