Minutes from the PTA Meeting on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 – 6pm in the library
Mrs. Zellner stated that they are in desperate need of paraprofessionals for the life skills classroom. If you know anyone interested, please contact Mrs. Zellner. The hours will be 8:30-4 each day with a 30-minute unpaid lunch. Any questions please reach out.
We are up to 58 members
Approval of Last Month’s Minutes:
Motion to approve: Jodi Gauker
Second by: Shawn Fies
- $81 from Spirit Wear from Kindergarten Orientation and Parent Meet the Teacher Night
- Kids Stuff is not finalized as of October 12th, 2021
- We made $72.99 from Boyer’s
- We made a total of $661.37 from our dine and donate events. $600 of that was from Rita’s!! The rest was from a late check from Sweet Ride last year.
- We spent $546.90 on teacher grants
Motion to Approve: Jennifer Schwegler
Second by: Mackenzie Weaver
- Mrs. Schmoyer, Intervention Specialist for Reading, requested $100 for an evidence-based computer program for her reading support.
- Mrs. Lambert, 1st grade teacher, requested $100 for Books/Periodicals for the classroom, Pencils/Pens/Crayons/Paper, classroom reward incentives, items needed in classroom
- Miss Stahl, intervention specialist K-4 requested $100 for Books/periodicals for the classroom, special curriculum books, classroom reward incentives, items needed in classroom
- Mrs. Meals, Kindergarten teacher, requested $100 for Math Seeds, Math Seeds is a math program that the children use on their iPad. The children can work independently on this program while she is working with small groups of students. This program moves the child along based on their responses, thus meeting their individual needs.
- Mrs. Loughery, Kindergarten teacher, requested $100 for Math Seeds.
- Mrs. Eshbach, K-4 Media and I&I teacher, requested $95 for Teachers Pay Teachers for media curriculum
- Mrs. Gassaway, Kindergarten teacher, requested $47.97 for Pencils/Pens/Crayons/Paper, magnets, reusable zipper bags.
- Ms. Marsden, second grade teacher, requested $100 for Books/Periodicals for the classroom.
Motion to Approve: Amy Koch
Second by: Mackenzie Weaver
Grade Level Grant:
None for this month
- Walkathon – October 22nd – this year for the first time, we are doing an online donation program called Cheddar Up. There is a small fee to donate, but 100% of the donation goes to the school. Teacher’s name is optional but does help to have people list the student’s teacher. If people tell you they donated online, you can add it to your form.
- This event takes place during the school day. For the event, students walk the loop around the school, and there are several activities around the loop that they participate in. Each student will get a bottle of water at the end of the loop.
- The highest earner will win a scooter.
- There will be a big thermometer chart to keep track of the school wide goal. Our goal is to raise $6000. If we meet that goal, there will be a school wide reward.
- Also, the highest earner in each class will win a prize.
- Any student who participates in the fundraiser will be entered into a drawing.
- More information will be coming out for volunteers. You MUST have your clearances on file to volunteer!
- Trunk or Treat – Formerly Boofest, October 28th at the school, 6-8pm. We will be having food trucks on site starting at 5:00pm. We are having Spuds for dinner, along with Rita’s and the Perk Up Truck. All three will be donating a portion back to the school. We need more trunks! If you want to do a trunk you can, also looking for businesses and organizations that may be interested. Please contact Lizz Galley at firstname.lastname@example.org. No restrictions on handouts. Also inviting all students from Andrew Maier. If you would like to help but cannot physically be present that night, we are accepting donations for candy, snacks, toys, pencils, stickers, tattoos, anything the trunks can hand out if they run out.
- Near and Dear Dance – We have our Near and Dear Dance scheduled for Friday, November 12th from 6-8pm. We will have a DJ. Information on how to purchase tickets will be coming out.
- National Education Week – November 15th to November 19th. There will be a different theme/focus each day of the week. Monday is kickoff, Tuesday is Family Day, Wednesday is Educational Support Professionals Day, Thursday is Education and Fun do go together, and Friday is Spirit Day. Information about what is involved each day will be coming out.
- Spirit Wear orders were due October 11th
- Chocolate Fundraiser: Our Fall chocolate fundraiser is through Tara’s Treats and Goodies. It will start October 18th and end on October 28th. Please add your child’s grade and teacher to the envelope
- For November we are looking at a Mixed Bag fundraiser
- Boxtops: It is all done virtually now through the app. You need to scan your receipt. It will pull out the items that are eligible.
- Boyer’s Tags – we have tags so please contact us if you need one. We get 1-2 percent back for every purchase.
- Amazon Smile
Dine and Donate:
- October 20th – Fiore’s in Fleetwood – 11am-9pm – Take Out Only – No other discounts can be used
- November 17th – Cristina’s in Blandon – 5pm-8pm – Dine in and take out will support the school
- December – working on a weeklong dine and donate with Chick-fil-a on 5th Street – you must show the flyer prior to paying for the order to count
- The deadline to get 10% off your student(s) yearbook has passed. However, if you order by October 31st, you will save 5%. Our fourth-grade students will vote on a theme again. The PTA will buy each fourth-grade student a yearbook. If you would like to have two customized pages in your child’s yearbook, you will need to register for the yearbook, but FOURTH GRADE PARENTS: DO NOT PAY unless you are upgrading to a hardback book. Any questions, please contact Amy Lawlor at email@example.com
- Kindergarten Orientation was in August
- PTA Pool Party was held at the Fleetwood Pool in August
- Book Fair – Thank you to all parents who sent in money with their kids or bought books online ad also to anyone who came in the afternoon to shop! It was great seeing everyone. We did better this fall than we did 2 years ago! Lollipop pull went to birthday books
- Meet the Teacher was September 15
- By Laws were passed
- We are planning to have an author visit by Kevin McCloskey. We are aiming for a full day presentation. The full day presentation will consist of three presentations for a total of $750. We are working to try to get an order form for his books so parents can order his books before he comes if they wish to do so.
- If you have any ideas or suggestions for authors, please let us know. You can email the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colleen Berger thanked the PTA for the bench for Mrs. Schwoyer. It has her favorite quote, and it is out by one of the playgrounds.
- Next meeting is November 9th at 6pm in the library
Motion to Adjourn: Amy Koch
Second by: Lizz Galley
If you are volunteering at an event during the school day, you MUST have your clearances* on file.
*Clearances – Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse are free but need to be done. Fingerprints don’t need to be done if you are a resident of PA for more than 10 years. Then you just need to sign an affidavit in the office.
On the Fleetwood Website under forms and links you can find the information. It all needs to be sent to the office and kept on file before you can come into the school or volunteer in the classroom. The district keeps them on file for 5 years. The links can be found on the district website.
Attendance: Michelle Zellner, Mary Templin, Dave Crissman, Nicole Kauker, Amy Lawlor, Amy Koch, Jennifer Schwegler, Lizz Galley, Mackenzie Weaver, Katelyn Moll, Rebecca Bieber, Shawn Fies, Anastasia Null, John Null Jr., Jodi Gauker, Alyssa Damiani, Cindy Weidenhammer, Lindsay Arciniegas, Jennifer DeCola
On Zoom: Lauren Farina, Ashli Heckman, Colleen Berger, Dawn Gaugler