Minutes from the PTA Meeting on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 6pm in the library
- We have found a substitute for Dr. Katzenmoyer, who is out on medical leave.
- We are fully staffed, working on leave for Mrs. Shaw and Mrs. Labe.
- Mr. Cammauf requested for field day to staying with the format of each grade level has their own day. Making it more of a fun day. As Covid restrictions ease, we would add more parent volunteers. Asking for water from PTA for all of the days.
- Kindergarten registration is coming up. Just parents coming for registration.
- $300 was paid to Fleetwood Grange – for Bingo
- $20 went out for babysitting.
Motion to Approve: Mary Templin
Second by: Shawn Fies
- Mrs. Myers, (Second Grade) requested $100 for a subscription to Vocabulary A-Z. Vocabulary A-Z is a website that supports the students in ELA using games. The word lists used in phonics, spelling and vocabulary all come from our Wonders reading program.
- Mrs. Templin (Learning Support) requested $100 for worksheets and activities purchased from Teachers Pay Teachers supplement the ELA curriculum.
Motion to Approve: Jennifer Schwegler
Second by: Amy Koch
Grade Level Grant:
None for this month
- We will be having our annual Bingo event on March 20th at the Fleetwood Grange.
- The paperwork for the Bingo License is being submitted,
- We are still looking for and accepting donations for raffles and prizes.
- There will be a total of 200 tickets available for sale. They will be $20 ahead of time and $25 at the door. EVERYONE needs a ticket, including any kids and/or students. We WILL NOT have any extra seats available
- Doors open at noon, and bingo starts at 1pm.
- We are working on different food options, in the past everyone got 1 hotdog and 1 drink included with their bingo ticket.
- We will have a family event at Fantasy Skating Center on March 3rd. More Information will be coming.
- Pura Vida: This was a school wide fundraiser to support the fourth grade celebration. We have extra bracelets available for purchase.
- Sold over 200 quarts of pickles. It is estimated close to $1000 in fundraising.
- Gertrude Hawk: We will start the sale on February 21st and end it on March 4th. All order forms NEED to be sent in by March 10th to ensure Gertrude Hawk will send orders for April 4th delivery date.
- Four Monkeys Coffee bags is a possible fundraiser in the future.
Ongoing Fundraising : Boxtops, Boyer Tags, Amazon Smile
Dine and Donate:
- Moe’s Pick up at Willow Creek
- Must place order by 1pm on February 22nd
- Pick up between 4:30pm and 5:00pm on Wednesday February 23rd
- March 16th – Pop’s Malt Shoppe in Kutztown
- Reminder that each fourth grade student will receive a free yearbook from the PTA. Parents can still customize the 2 free pages, any additional customized pages are extras.
- Please make sure the photographs in your two customized pages are appropriate for an elementary school yearbook. Please contact Amy Lawlor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or problems.
- Link to order your child/children’s yearbook is: https://www.treering.com/validate?PassCode=1015924972604178
4th Grade Celebration:
- 4th grade committee will hold each month. The meetings will be held outside of school.
- Meets once a month. They are currently looking for various activities.
- Possible activities include but not limited to: 4th grade carnival, Jenga, corn hole, possible Photo Booth.
- Above the Clouds can come in and set up an obstacle course. About $250. They will also include a cotton candy machine
- A date for the celebration is not set yet.
- This will be a volunteer only event.
- Possible activity and vendor ideas: photo booth, dunk tank, popcorn, DJ, Rita’s/Kona Ice
- We are looking to have assemblies for each grade level. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let the PTA Board know. Current possibilities include: Phantoms and ZooAmerica, The Berry Farm, The Reading Public Museum or other local Museums,
- We are hoping to have the High School Musical cast come and perform their play or a part of their play, Addams Family Musical.
Next Meeting is March 8, 2022 at 6pm in the library
- Zoom Link: Time: 6:00pm Join Zoom Meeting — https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76173962376?pwd=am1VQUhkdDVDanpKYUlFSmFkTUFTQT09
- Meeting ID: 761 7396 2376 Passcode: RG0G3n
Motion to adjourn: Lizz Galley
Second By: Amy Lawlor
If you are volunteering at an event during the school day, you MUST have your clearances* on file.
*Clearances– Criminal Background check and Child Abuse are free but need to be done.
Fingerprints don’t need to be done if you are a resident of PA for more than 10 year.
On the Fleetwood Website under forms and links you can find the information. It all needs to be sent to the office and kept on file before you can come into the school or volunteer in the classroom. The district keeps them on file for 5 years. The links can be found on the district website.
In Person: Michele Zellner Mary Templin, Dave Crismman, Katelyn Moll, Nicole Kauker, Amy Koch, Lizz Galley, Mackenzie Weaver, Jodi Gauker, Shawn Fies, Amy Lawlor, Jennifer Schwegler
On Zoom: Lauren Farina