Minutes from the PTA Meeting on Tuesday, September 13, 2022 6:30PM in the library.
Call to Order- 6:32PM
Pledge of Allegiance
- Mrs. Zellner thanked everyone for coming to the PTA meeting.
- She said that this has been the most people at a meeting since COVID and it is so nice to see lots of new faces.
- She said to feel free to contact her throughout the year if you need anything.
- All people in attendance both in person and online were invited to introduce themselves.
Treasurer’s Report- August 2022
- The amount for the Fourth Grade celebration is not accurate because we just received the bill from the company that made the t-shirts.
- We bought more birthday books this year. Buying the books through Scholastic allowed us to get 25% back in Scholastic dollars. Amy Koch explained that each student gets a free book on their birthday and at the fall and spring book fairs. Students with a summer birthday will still get a free book.
Motion to Approve: Jennifer Schwegler
Second By: Shawn Fies
- Membership forms are available at the PTA meetings and online.
- Paper copies were not sent home this year because so many were handed out at back-to-school nights.
- They are also available in the front office as well.
- Thank you to Dave Crissman, Jill Myers, and Sarah Crissman for their willingness to be teacher representatives for PTA this year.
- Mrs. Rinehart (First Grade Teacher): Requested Art supplies for a special project and an item needed in classroom for the 2022-2023 school year
- Mrs. Myers (Second Grade Teacher): Requested flexible seating chairs for her classroom
- Erin Weaver (First Grade): Requested $100 for clipboards, scissors for her classroom
Amy Koch explained teacher grants. Teachers are given $50 at the beginning of the year to use on supplies for their classrooms. Teachers can apply for an additional grant up to $100 until April. If there is still money left over after April, teachers can apply for another $100. There are also $500 grade level grants available. We vote to approve grants at each monthly meeting.
Motion to Approve: Katie Pisauro
Second By: Mackenzie Weaver
- Spirit Wear Sale – 9/12 – 9/29: There will be one sale in fall and then one again in the spring. Please let Mackenzie Weaver know if there is anything specific that you would like to be available in the sale.
- Dine and Donate – Rita’s in Blandon 9/21 5-8PM – Teachers will be helping as celebrity scoopers, taking orders, and the prize wheel ($1 to spin the wheel will automatically get you a coupon which can be used on a future visit). We appreciate all that Rita’s in Blandon does for our school such as donating coupons and Italian ice during the school year, and showing up to events such as Trunk or Treat and Movie Night. —- Flyers for Dine and Donate nights are always posted on our Facebook page and paper copies will be sent home with students. You can show a digital or paper copy of the flyer at the restaurant on the night of the event so that the school will receive a portion of the money you spent.
- Book Fair – 9/26-9/30 – Kids pick one free book from PTA. Kindergarten and first grade gets a book that is $4.99 or less, and second through fourth grades have a limit of $6.99. The free book must be a reading book. There is an opportunity to shop with their class after they pick their free book. There is an online book fair. A sign-up genius will be coming out soon to volunteer to help with the Book Fair. Papers and fliers will be coming home this week. There will be directions on how to create a Scholastic e-Wallet so that you do not need to send in cash with your child. If you do choose to send cash, please send any money in a ziploc bag with the child’s name on it rather than in an envelope. Please tell your child that they may not share money with their friends. If you only want your child to spend money on books and you do not want your child to be able to buy pens, bookmarks, etc. please send in a note with your child to let us know. We also have a Lollipop Pull where students can buy a lollipop and have a chance to win other prizes. We will be open early during the Superhero Breakfast at school. You can also shop online. Not all books in the flier will be available for purchase in the school, but they may be purchased online.
- Kidstuff Books – The books are on backorder. They will be sent home with one child in each family once they arrive. Kidstuff Books are coupon books that you can buy and you have the opportunity to purchase additional books. If you choose not to buy the book, you can send the book back to school.
October – Meeting 10/11 at 6:30pm
- Dine and Donate – Fiore’s on 10/12 from 11AM-8PM, 3PM-8PM is takeout only
- Walk-a-Thon – 10/14 (rain date 10/21)- This is one of our biggest fundraisers. Kids collect flat donations. They go outside with their class to do various activities. 100% of the money raised comes back to the school.
- Trunk or Treat – 10/20 (rain date 10/27)- Kids will be walking around the car rider loop. We will be looking for trunks, so please reach out if you are willing to set up your trunk. We will also be looking for candy/treat donations. We are inviting Andrew Maier to join us as well. There will be a flyer coming out soon with more information. Please email the PTA board (email@example.com) or send us a message on Facebook if you have any questions.
- Gift Card Fundraiser — You can purchase gift cards to use for Christmas gifts or Christmas shopping. There will be a form coming home or you will be able to order online. If you choose to have the gift cards shipped to your home, you will need to pay shipping and handling. If you choose to have them shipped to the school, you will not need to pay shipping fees. If you pay with a credit card online, there will be a credit card processing fee.
- Tara’s Treats Fundraiser – Sell Oct 11-Nov 3 – Delivery Nov 17 – She has a local business in Kempton.
November – Meeting 11/8 at 6:30pm
- Dine and Donate- This will possibly be at Cristina’s in Blandon.
- Near and Dear Dance – 11/18 – Under the Sea Theme – Every student is allowed to bring one adult (parent, aunt, uncle, older sibling, etc.) who is near and dear to them. If you signed up to help with this event, someone will reach out to you when it gets a little closer to the event.
- American Education Week – 11/14- 11/18 – We are waiting to hear back from some guest readers. Please contact Amy Lawlor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any fresh ideas!
- Boon Supply Fundraiser – We are hoping to do this early in November.
- Amazon Smile- Sign up and a percentage of almost every purchase online comes to the school.
- Boyer’s Tags- We have the tags if you need any. They give us a percentage of money spent.
- Boxtops- The program is all completed online now, so you need to scan your receipts.
- Weis- You can connect your Weis card to the school.
Please contact the PTA Board at email@example.com if you have any questions about any of these programs.
- Pool Party- PTA held a pool party in August to welcome everyone back. We had a great time!
- Spirit Wear- We are looking to keep additional quantities of sizes for younger students on hand that can be purchased.
- Yearbook- Almost 60 yearbooks have been ordered so far. Customized pages don’t need to be completed until May 1. You get 2 free pages, but you will be charged for any additional pages. Please be sure that any photos that you put in the book are appropriate for school. Fourth grade students will receive a free paperback yearbook, so you don’t need to order one if you are not customizing any pages.
- Superheroes and Sidekicks- We are looking for volunteers to help in assisting the PTA with certain tasks such as yearbook. You don’t need to be the person actually coming in for all of the events, but you must have your clearances on file with the school. A Superhero will oversee all 5 classrooms in each grade level and assist in helping the Sidekick if they are not available for certain events, etc. One Sidekick for each class will coordinate with the classroom teacher to make sure that photos of all events are sent to the PTA for the yearbook. An application will be coming home soon.
- TPT School Access- Teachers Pay Teachers is a resource for teachers where they can purchase teacher-created activities that are aligned to their curriculum. Instead of paying over $5,000 for school access, the PTA would like to offer teachers an additional $50 grant to use specifically to purchase Teacher Pay Teachers resources.
Motion to Approve: Tara Berger
Second By: Jessica Dunkle
- Sharron Siddiqi – Artist in Residence — Art to Remember fundraiser- Every student does a piece of artwork in their classroom. Their art is sent to the company and you can order a variety of objects with your child’s artwork on it. You will be receiving an order form. The orders should arrive before Christmas. Mrs. Siddiqi is reaching out to artist Tim Gibson and looking into getting him to come to our school this year or next year.
- Adam Chernow – Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) — The goal of this national program is to get fathers/male figures involved in school. PTA could potentially use grade level grant money to cover the start-up costs. The PTA Board asked for Mr. Chernow to put the information together as a grant application for possible approval at next month’s meeting.
Motion to Adjourn: Jennifer Schwegler
Second By: Cindy Weidenhammer
Next Meeting – October 11th at 6:30PM in the library
In Person: Michelle Jackson, Lizz Galley, Mackenzie Weaver, Katelyn Moll, Jennifer Schwegler, Amy Koch, Dave Crissman, Jill Myers, Sarah Crissman, Mary Templin, Kelly Gausch, Paige Schwinger, Cindy Weidenhammer, Alyssa Damien, Jessica Dunkle, Tara Berger, Michelle Card, Rebecca Bieber, Katie Pisquro, Elizabeth Teeters, Adam Chernow, Ashli Heckman, Donna Novakovich, Sharron Siddiqi, Candy Gassaway, Andrea Salsano
On Zoom: Lauren Farina, Amy Lawlor, Brittany Bryniarski, Chelsa Gerould, Dina Heffner, Janel Smith, Jodi Gauker, Kimberly Scheidt, Lynn Schadler, Mackenzie Weaver, Shawn Fies